Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Star Wizard of Alderaan

Ok. Some I was going to the store this morning and I was thinking about Star Wars as I often do. I was thinking specifically of Uncle Owen and trying to remember the name of aunt. Aunt Beru? Aunt Veru? Veruch? Anyway - I remembered that Uncle Owen was also Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz's uncle. Right? "Uncle Owen? Auntie Em?"

So, I started to see similarities between the two-
C3PO= Tin Man
Lion= Chewbacca
Munchkins = Ewoks
Luke=Dorothy
Good Witch=Yoda
Bad Witch=Vader

Both go on journeys and discover they have powers.

So I googled it to see how original my idea was. Surely, I was the first person ever to see the connection. There were several millions responses including a thesis paper from some college on the subject. Oh well - it sounded like a good idea for a minute. Someone even did a mash-up video of it.


Aunt Beru is her name.

5 comments:

jdt n 925 said...

I thought it was Aunt Bea, but that was Andy Griffith. Similarities? Barney Fife = JarJar Binks.

ptrap said...

Oz = Obi?
Toto = R2D2?
Hot air balloon = space pod?
Ruby slippers = force?

I can see it. So what if you watch Star Wars AND play Dark Side of the Moon? Wait a minute...this is all getting too heavy for me. Too many references are running through my brain...

Brother RT said...

Off the subject a tad, I have been watching family guy a little bit lately. Recently I watched the Star Wars episodes and they were fantastic! So clever and very funny. A favorite was the black guy as R2D2, as he was walking through that valley before getting zapped by the sand people, oh man....I wasn't doing anything.... The music...ladies and gentlemen John Williams and the London symphony orchestra.

I am not ready to call myself a junkie yet, but those episodes were superb.

Love how that mind of your works Ron...thanks for sharing publicly your inner thoughts. Or is that deep thoughts by Jack Handy....???
Lucas had to sign off on that, because of the blend of real shots and animation.

Brother RT said...

Ooops!

Some unauthorized cutting there.

The Lucas line was supposed to be before the 'I am not ready to call....'

Not sure how that happened.

Oh well.

Ron said...

Funny you mention that - Blue Harvest! So funny!

They are now filming "Retun of the Jedi" and Carrie Fisher is a voice on the show so they are going to get her to do some dialogue.

I have that on a DVD if you want a copy.